[phenixbb] coot integration require coot with python?

William G. Scott wgscott at chemistry.ucsc.edu
Wed Mar 3 17:02:21 PST 2010

Hari is trying to break free of the codependency relationship.

I'm not sure why ccp4 didn't build it with python support, but I think there is a misconception that it is an either/or proposition, which it isn't.

I think all that needs to be done is to configure with " --with-guile --with-python=/prefix  --with-pygtk=/prefix "

Then in the coot shell script wrapper, I have

export COOT_REFMAC_LIB_DIR=/prefix/coot/lib
export COOT_PYTHON_DIR=/prefix/coot/python
export PYTHONPATH=/prefix/lib/python2.6/site-packages:/prefix/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gtk-2.0:/prefix/coot/python:$PYTHONPATH

to make it play nicely with phenix and refmac  ( /prefix of course needs to be replaced with something real).

Anyone is free to make use of, and improve, this:

http://sage.ucsc.edu/fink_intel_10.6_only/dists/unstable/main/finkinfo/sci/coot.info

I hope that might be of some use.

Bill