[phenixbb] phenixbb Digest, Vol 52, Issue 12

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at cci.lbl.gov
Thu Mar 11 12:12:57 PST 2010

> if you simply link with -static-intel then you don't have to distribute
> those libraries.

A while ago, I couldn't figure out the commands for linking
g++-compiled objects with ifort (and get all the required C++
runtime libraries). Eventually I succeeded the other way around,
linking ifort-compiled objects with g++. But only with shared
libraries; g++ doesn't know -static-intel.
I think if you spend enough time there must be a way to figure
out the correct g++, ifort and link commands, but it will keep
coming back as a problem as ifort, g++ and OS versions change.
Then I decided it is time to get rid of Fortran for good...

Ralf