[phenixbb] phenix gui freezes

Nathaniel Echols nathaniel.echols at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 13:41:36 PST 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 3:59 PM, hari jayaram <harijay at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Nat,
>
> I am assuming that commenting the
>
> self.start_xmlrpc_server()
>
> Will sever the connection with coot right. So is the option then for a
> phenix.validate talking to coot session for molprobity assisted rebuilding
> to have phenix write out the external gui ..and then just close or kill the
> phenix session?

Oh dear, I forgot about this.  Sorry, you need to use the latest nightly
build for this - commenting out that line should not affect communication
with Coot in the current code (but it will in 1.6).

I thought of an unrelated "feature" that may also lead to problems; the next
available installer will have the fix, although I'm not sure if it will
actually fix anything.

-Nat