[phenixbb] RMSD Dihedrals

J. Fleming moloch525 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 16:46:29 PDT 2010

Hi all,

  I'm working on a ~3 angstrom structure of a protein with approximately 800
residues.  The structure is mostly helical with interspersed turns.  I've
been using Phenix exclusively for the refinements and have a model that I
believe to be pretty good with the exception of the dihedrals (see
attached).  I've looked at and employed some of the general suggestions for
low resolution structures here:

http://strucbio.biologie.uni-konstanz.de/ccp4wiki/index.php/Refinement#Refining_low_resolution_structures

I tried using "discard_psi_phi=False" but it only resulted in a change
dihedrals of +0.10 with minimal changes to Ramachandran outliers.  I'm
unsure how to proceed and would love to hear any
thoughts/opinions/suggestions.

Thanks for all the help!

-Jon