[phenixbb] Phenix version 1.6.1 released
PDAdams at lbl.gov
Tue Mar 30 19:41:23 PDT 2010
The Phenix developers are pleased to announce that version 1.6.1 of
Phenix is now available. Binary installers for Linux, and Mac OSX
platforms are available at the download site:
Just some of the new features in this version (1.6.1) are:
- Fast automated rotamer fixing in phenix.refine
- Use of atomic charge in calculation of scattering factors
- New Graphical User Interfaces for phenix.superpose_pdbs,
phenix.get_cc_mtz_pdb, and phenix.fmodel
- Consolidated validation tool in GUI
- New map calculation tool, phenix.maps (also used in GUI)
- Rapid loading of structures in GUI selection editor
- Improved geometry restraints to maintain amino acid rotameric states
- Alpha version of secondary structure restraints
- Automated secondary structure analysis with KSDSSP (code from UCSF
For a full list of changes see:
Please note that there is a new publication that should be used to
cite use of Phenix:
PHENIX: a comprehensive Python-based system for macromolecular
structure solution. P. D. Adams, P. V. Afonine, G. Bunkóczi, V. B.
Chen, I. W. Davis, N. Echols, J. J. Headd, L.-W. Hung, G. J. Kapral,
R. W. Grosse-Kunstleve, A. J. McCoy, N. W. Moriarty, R. Oeffner, R. J.
Read, D. C. Richardson, J. S. Richardson, T. C. Terwilliger and P. H.
Zwart. Acta Cryst. D66, 213-221 (2010).
Full documentation is available here:
There is a Phenix bulletin board:
Please consult the installer README file or online documentation for
Direct questions and problem reports to the bulletin board or:
help at phenix-online.org and bugs at phenix-online.org
Commercial users interested in obtaining access to Phenix should visit
Phenix website for information about the Phenix Industrial Consortium.
The development of Phenix is principally funded by the National
General Medical Sciences (NIH) under grant P01-GM063210. We also
the generous support of the members of the Phenix Industrial Consortium.
Acting Division Director, Physical Biosciences Division, Lawrence
Adjunct Professor, Department of Bioengineering, U.C. Berkeley
Vice President for Technology, the Joint BioEnergy Institute
Head, Berkeley Center for Structural Biology
Building 64, Room 248
Tel: 1-510-486-4225, Fax: 1-510-486-5909
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
1 Cyclotron Road
Berkeley, CA 94720, USA.
Executive Assistant: Patty Jimenez [ PAJimenez at lbl.gov ]
[ 1-510-486-7963 ]
More information about the phenixbb