[phenixbb] to get dihedral angles for a ligand

Maia Cherney chern at ualberta.ca
Fri May 14 13:17:32 PDT 2010

Nigel,

I am getting different numbers for dihedrals from reel and from coot or
pymol. This is one of my ligands, ADP. If you run reel and compare with
manual measurement, some numbers are the same, but most of them are
different.
For example, var1 and var2 are the same, but var3 to var6 are different.
Here is the comparison first number, pymol; second number, reel)
(hydrogens are removed).

var3 -75.8; 28.6
var4 129.6; -117.6
var5 -169.1; 154.1
var6 136.7; -151.7

etc. What is the problem? Is it a different way to measure the torsions?

Maia