[phenixbb] geometry_restraints between sym mates?

Scott Classen sclassen at lbl.gov
Mon May 17 16:26:45 PDT 2010

I'm sorry. Let me explain further.
I have one molecule per ASU.
I have a metal ion located between two proteins. There are coordinating oxygens coming from both protein molecules and I would like to add explicit bond length restraints.
So in my example below the SM atom is ~2.5Å from OE1 of GLU313, but it is also ~2.5Å from OE1 of GLU285 of a symmetry related protein. The problem is that in my particular choice of symmetry equivalent atoms GLU285 is really more like 20-30Å away, and phenix.refine does NOT like that.
BTW I am adding bonds to the
"geometry_restraints.edits" section