[phenixbb] all reflections are equal, but some more than others

esko.oksanen at helsinki.fi esko.oksanen at helsinki.fi
Wed May 19 00:44:05 PDT 2010

   Frank,

   Having had a case of such hectic pseudosymmetry, it turns out that
the problem originates already from the scaling that assumes a
unimodal intensity distribution. The weak reflections then have their
sigmas heavily overestimated and the strong ones overestimated. I had
to scale the weak and strong reflections separately and ridig-body
refine against the weak ones... Of course this type of problem has
little to do with issue of treating negative intensities.

   Esko