[phenixbb] writing composite omit maps in .xplor

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Sat May 29 17:05:53 PDT 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Susan Tsutakawa <setsutakawa at lbl.gov>wrote:

> Continuing the conversation on looking at Phenix maps in pymol, what is the
> best way to generate .xplor maps in Autobuild.  I would like to generate a
> figure in pymol with an omit map.   I wasn't able to find documentation
> explicitly stating how this can be done.

The GUI generates XPLOR maps automatically; otherwise, I don't think there's
a simple mechanism in Phenix for this right now.  I started working on a
script for this but got sidetracked - I'll see if I can dust off the code
and get something working for the next release.

For now, I'd recommend using the FFT program in CCP4.

-Nat