[phenixbb] Does phenix have any utility to do the 2mFo-DFc composite omit map calculations?

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed Nov 3 07:44:50 PDT 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 7:21 AM, Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz at gentoo.org> wrote:
> Now that new versions of SGE will no longer be free thanks to Oracle's
> purchase, have you considered adding support for a queueing system that
> is free and open-source, such as Torque?

I didn't realize that Oracle was going to start charging for SGE - not
too surprising though.  As far as AutoBuild on the command line is
concerned, you can use any queuing system you want, it's just more
work to set up (and not really supported).  For the GUI, I'm happy to
support other platforms but this would require actually setting them
up and testing them, and we're stretched pretty thin here already.  If
you have something set up already and are willing to give me an
account, that would be sufficient motivation for me to spend some time
on it.

I think one of the pharma companies managed to get it working on a
commercial product called LSF, but they aren't going to give me access
to their computers, obviously.  I have an account on systems running
Condor, which is free (and probably Free), but their current setup is
broken in such a way that makes it difficult to support.  I may be
able to talk the sysadmins into fixing this; stay tuned.  I'm not sure
what other systems are in widespread use, but I'm more inclined to
spend time on those that are free (at least to academics).  When I
asked about this a year or so ago, everyone who responded asked for
SGE (plus one for Apple's Xgrid, which is quite a bit more work).

-Nat