[phenixbb] automr : *refinement* resolution limit keyword?

Randy Read rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Nov 16 02:08:28 PST 2010

Hi,

I guess what you're referring to is the final rigid-body refinement step in Phaser, where by default all the data are used.  Most of the time that's the right thing to do, because it will give you the most precisely-positioned model *and* compute Fc values for all the reflections.  But sometimes (with very large, high-resolution data sets) this can be very slow or consume too much memory, so in recent versions of Phaser there is a command-line option to over-ride the default behaviour (RESOLUTION AUTO command).

The resolution limits for the final refinement can be set in the Phaser-MR GUI, in the box labelled "High resolution for refinement" on the main GUI window.  At the moment, there's no way to set this parameter in the AutoMR GUI, but it could be added if it seemed to be important to have it accessible there too.

Regards,

Randy