[phenixbb] sculptor

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Thu Nov 18 15:53:32 PST 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Bryan Lepore <bryanlepore at gmail.com> wrote:

> oh, and i figure that the alignment needs the structure's sequence in
> there - right? this would actually save me some keystrokes.

Yes, and the target sequence (i.e. the protein that you crystallized) needs
to be first.  One annoying thing about MUSCLE is that it sorts sequences and
(currently) won't let you disable this behavior, so you may need to do some
cut-and-pasting.  Maybe we need to modify the Python wrapper to do this
automatically.  (Although I think it would be even easier if Sculptor did
the alignment automatically.)

-Nat