[phenixbb] Autobuild error - bash/dash/sh

Stephen Graham scg34 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 26 08:54:05 PDT 2010

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the info.  I think the command is the '>&' redirect of
stdout and stderr on line 5 of the generated script.  If my sh memory
is correct, the same should be achievable with:

phenix.autobuild /path/to/TEMP0/PARAMS_1.eff
write_run_directory_to_file=/path/to/TEMP0/INFO_FILE_1 >
/path/to/TEMP0/RUN_FILE_1.log 2>&1

i.e. redirect stdout to the RUN_FILE_1.log, and then redirect stderr
to the same place using '2>&1'

I've done a quick test and this seems to give the expected behaviour.

Cheers,

Stephen

On 26 October 2010 13:08, Thomas C. Terwilliger <terwilliger at lanl.gov> wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
> I'm sorry about the problem! I put in the "sh" with a bash system as you
> guessed, and I must have used a non-generic command. I will have to check
> this out on an ubuntu system.
>
> No, unfortunately there is no easy way to get rid of the sh completely
> (this is all there because I was trying to get rid of csh which is not in
> ubuntu at all).  You can however go back to the last release version of
> phenix (which used csh), then download csh and you should be in business.
>
> On the sequence file, both fasta and pir should work...but try just a
> plain sequence of letters, no headers, and that might solve the gui part
> of this.
>
> All the best,
> Tom T
>

>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> Apologies if this has been reported before, but the autobuild job I
>>> tried to run last night failed after a short while...
>>>
>>> The job was started from the command line using:
>>>
>>> phenix.autobuild data=../mydata_free.mtz seq_file=../protein.fasta
>>> map_file=../ccp4i/protein_phaser.1_parrot2.mtz