[phenixbb] PDB Tools and CNS formatted structure factors

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Wed Sep 22 09:00:35 PDT 2010

  Hi Joseph,

> Is there anyway with the PDB Tools to renumber protein chains?

Did you mean "renumber residues in protein chains"? Do you want it
protein-specific (that is say DNA/RNA and other non-protein molecules
will be ignored)?

Anyway, I just added the simplest version of renumbering residues in
chains will be available in the next PHENIX version (nightly build):

phenix.pdbtools model.pdb renumber_residues=true

I can add more functionality as needed/requested.

> Also, which module in Phenix is used to read in and convert CNS
> formatted ascii structure factors to the mtz read by phenix other then
> using ccp4.

The tool for doing this and more is available from PHENIX GUI and called
"Reflection file editor".