[phenixbb] help me to install phenix on ubuntu10.4

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Mon Apr 11 07:15:00 PDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 1:41 AM, 王瑞 <wangrui704 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Excuse me,I'm a freshman ,could anyone tell me how to install phenix on
> ubuntu10.4? I have download phenix-installer-1.7-650-
> intel-linux-2.6-x86_64-fc12.tar.gz. when I install it in terminal,there was
> a error notice:"./install:no such file or directory"!Could anyone help me?

First problem: don't use the installer built on FC12, use the one
built on FC3 - it is more likely to work on a broad range of systems.

As for the error message, the installer may have been corrupted during
download, but you also might not be running it in the right directory.
 Could you please send me the output of the command "ls -l"?

thanks,
Nat