[phenixbb] MR problem

intekhab alam faisaldbg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 00:12:18 PDT 2011

Hi there
I have a data of heterotrimer protein complex  at 2.9A resolution.
One protein consists of two domains. I tried phaser as well as molrep which
gives a solution with only one domain.

Rotation function and translation function were found to be fine for these
solutions.

I tried to find missing domain of the protein after fixing one of the domain
or the other partner proteins using whole part or various truncations of
missing domain.

I also tried to find and build missing domain using Rosetta with the
solutions of Molrep or Phaser as template.
But, there were no solutions, or the solutions are clashed with other domain
or proteins.

Furthermore, R and Rfree is 30 and 40, respectively, and I could not reduce
them further.
There was almost no electron density map in the empty space so that I could
not model manually.

Plz guide me ,how can i look for the missing domain in the protein.

regards

--
INTEKHAB ALAM
LABORATORY OF STRUCTURAL BIOINFORMATICS