[phenixbb] Clashing alternative conformations

Ralf Grosse-Kunstleve rwgrosse-kunstleve at lbl.gov
Thu Dec 1 14:31:32 PST 2011

Hi Sozanne,
The rules for alt. confs. are such that a-a and b-b will always clash. Let
A,B chain labels, and a,b,c be altloc labels. You could assign A-a, A-b for
the two conformers in chain A, and B-a, B-c for the two conformers in chain
B. This way the second conformers will have no nonbonded interactions.
(The general rules are: blank-x interact, x-x interact, x-y do not
interact.)
Ralf

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 2:13 PM, Sozanne Solmaz <ssolmaz at mail.rockefeller.edu