[phenixbb] strange MR problem

intekhab alam faisaldbg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 20:26:45 PST 2011

Hi All

I have a 3.0A dataset of a protein-protein complex. I used one of the
protein structure solved previously as a template and used phaser in CCP4
as well as in phenix. I used the sca file in phenix which gave a solution
with 6 monomers in ASU which are packed as a hexamer. In ccp4 phaser i used
the converted .mtz file which gave 6 molecules in ASU but with a different
packing. In both the cases map fits well in the model and there is some
extra density that may correspond to second protein partner of the complex
molecule. when i tried to use the MR solution generated in phenix with the
mtz file from ccp4 the model shows a lot of clashes.

what kind of approach should i take so as to resolve this ambiguity.

Regards

--
INTEKHAB ALAM
LABORATORY OF STRUCTURAL BIOINFORMATICS