[phenixbb] GUI MR_Rosetta without explicit search model?

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Fri Dec 16 06:47:34 PST 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 2:49 AM, Gohlke, Ulrich
<ulrich.gohlke at mdc-berlin.de> wrote:
> I am trying to set up an MR_Rosetta run using the GUI of Phenix 1.7.3.
> Unlike the command line version, it doesn’t seem to accept either Robetta
> fragment files or alignment files from the hhpred server as the sole input
> but it keeps on asking for a pdb-file as search model. Is this behaviour
> intended or am I missing something?

This is the intended behavior - unfortunately it is not the correct
behavior!  I had not realized that the program would automatically
download search models from the PDB if they were present in the hhpred
file.  To fix this, edit the file
$PHENIX/phenix/phenix/rosetta/mr_rosetta.py and comment out lines 4764
and 4765, like this:

#  if (len(params.input_files.search_models) == 0) :
#    raise Sorry("No search models provided!")

I'll patch the installers with this when I get into lab.

-Nat