[phenixbb] Failure in installing Phenix-1.7.3

Vellieux Frederic Frederic.Vellieux at ibs.fr
Tue Dec 20 06:14:14 PST 2011

Hi,

Is it "GLIB" or "glibc" that is missing ? Please read further below:

There are a couple of rpm find utilities that allow you to locate
packages that are missing at your end,

http://www.rpmfind.net and http://rpm.pbone.net/

Redhat uses rpms as far as I can remember so that would be quite
suitable. But you need to know the package that is missing or (part of)
the content of that package. And you need to have root access in order
to install the missing package(s).

It would have been helpful to enclose a few lines of the (verbose)
output of make.

Using a command like "make >& makefile.output" (i.e. a redirection of
all output that includes error messages) to a file called
"makefile.output" (or whatever you want as a file name) can be helpful
for that purpose. With all necessary install flags of the make command,
of course.

Fred.