[phenixbb] Automated Mg & K ions picking

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Sun Jan 2 13:41:40 PST 2011

  Hi Hasan,

yes, we plan to extend water picking procedure so it can identify
single-atom ions, but no specific tool is available to use right now.

You need to inspect waters (for example, a water with "too small"
refined B-factor is likely to be a metal), and density peaks
(phenix.refine may not place a water into a density peak if it is too
different from what is expected for water).

Pavel.