[phenixbb] Phenix version 1.7-650 and coot

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Fri Jan 28 12:09:01 PST 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Leonid Flaks <flaks at bnl.gov> wrote:
> I just installed phenix version 1.7-650 on fedora 14 64-bit and noticed that
> if I start coot from within phenix interface, most of the icons on the right
> hand side of the coot window are not displayed.
> There is a lot of messages like this:
>
> Error loading icon: Couldn't recognize the image file format for file
> '/usr/share/coot/pixmaps/residue-info.png'
>
> for png and svg files in the console window. I can see all of the icons if I
> start coot directly. I am using coot version 1.6.2-pre1 rev 3213 which is
> installed on 64-bit fedora 14 as a rpm file. I did not see this issue on a
> phenix version 1.6.4-476 with the same version of coot.

Could you please send me the complete console output from Coot under
these conditions:

a) when launching from Phenix 1.7
b) when launching from Phenix 1.6.4
c)when launching from the command line?

Very little has changed in the Coot-related parts of Phenix since
1.6.4, so I'm not sure how it's possible for one to work but not the
other.  In the past, errors like this were due to conflicts with the
shared libraries distributed with Phenix, but we largely reset the
environment when starting Coot to avoid the problem, and I'm pretty
sure we started that a year and a half ago.

thanks,
Nat