[phenixbb] Intensity-Weighted Reciprocal Lattice

Michael Thompson miket at chem.ucla.edu
Thu Jul 21 18:36:59 PDT 2011

Hello ccp4 & phenix BB members,

I would like to view the intensity-weighted reciprocal lattice for several data sets that I have collected. (The data have been indexed, integrated and scaled with Denzo and Scalepack.) I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on what might be the best and/or most practical way to do this?

I know that there are several programs out there that can generate sections (i.e. 0,k,l) of the reciprocal lattice, such as LABELIT and xrayplot. Are there any other options for doing this, perhaps within ccp4 and/or phenix? I once saw someone give a presentation and they had a little video that showed a three dimensional section of the reciprocal lattice rocking back and forth, which was really cool. I liked this because I felt like it gave a much more holistic representation as opposed to viewing a bunch of individual sections. I don't know if there is an easy way to do this, or if this person somehow managed to create this 3D depiction from a series of sections.

Any tips or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

--
Michael C. Thompson

Graduate Student

Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Division

Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry

University of California, Los Angeles

miket at chem.ucla.edu