[phenixbb] getting phenix and coot to talk on OSX

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed Jul 27 11:16:34 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Ben Eisenbraun
<bene at hkl.hms.harvard.edu> wrote:
>> The version of coot that is available from CCP4 is 0.6.2 (3562).  This
>> was shown on the CCP4 download page for Mac OSX, as one of the additional
>> things you might want.  The advantage of this precompiled binary is that
>> is claims to be compatible back to 10.4.x.
>
> There is a thread here with details on how to troubleshoot this sort of
> problem:
>
> http://phenix-online.org/pipermail/phenixbb/2010-May/015207.html

Actually, this is now partially obsolete (sorry!).  The Coot console
output will always be the most useful in determining whether or not
the programs will communicate - aside from the presence of Python, of
course.  I used to redirect the console output to an internal buffer
in Phenix, but since this was causing freezes on some configurations,
I now leave it alone.

-Nat