[phenixbb] Setting phenix_env in ubuntu 10 system

ChenTiantian chentiantian2010 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 23:19:29 PDT 2011

Hi, Jobi
I don't know how you editted your bashrc file,it  is supposed to be like
this, add following line to your ./bashrc
source /usr/local/phenix**/phenix_env.sh
then run command: source ./bashrc
then you can run phenix as the way want.

Tiantian

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Jobichen Chacko <jobichenc at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear All,
> I recently downloaded and installed phenix 1.7-1-743 on Ubuntu system. I
> need to run the command " source/usr/local/phenix**/phenix_env.sh" each time
> to launch the program when running as a command line.
> If I close that terminal and type the command in a new terminal, it is
> giving the reply "command not found".
>  How does one set paths so that phenix.refine will be recognized in a new
> terminal window?
> I got some suggestiions to edit either ~/.bashrc or ~/.bash_profile and add
> the appropriate "source" command to it. But when I edit .bashrc phenix is
> automatically executed when I open a new terminal.
> I want to run phenix by typing  command like "phenix.refine xx.pdb xx.mtz".
> Please let me know which file I should edit to get this. If possible can
> any ubuntu user send me a copy of the .bashrc file/or any other required
> file  with environment path for phenix.
>  Thank you for your time.
>
> Jobi

Drug Discovery and Design Center,
Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Address: Room 101, 646 Songtao Road, Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park,
Pudong New Area, Shanghai, 201203, P.R. China