[phenixbb] tls group and anisotropic

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Thu Jun 16 19:20:47 PDT 2011

Dear Tiantian,

all the questions that you asked in this email are addressed in great
details here:

1) http://www.phenix-online.org/newsletter/
see articles:
"On atomic displacement parameters ..."
and
"TLS for dummies"

2)
http://www.phenix-online.org/presentations/latest/pavel_refinement_general.pdf
pages 23-30

3) http://www.phenix-online.org/presentations/latest/pavel_phenix_refine.pdf
pages 23.

Please let me know if it is still not clear and I will be happy to
explain some more.

Briefly, yes, what you get is expected and there is nothing to worry
about. TLS refinement = constrained anisotropic ADP refinement.

Pavel.