[phenixbb] Low rmsd values

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Wed Mar 23 04:10:10 PDT 2011

  Hi Teemu,

the statistics you quoted looks good to me. Weight optimization tries an
array of different weights and chooses the one that brings lower Rfree
and not yet distorted geometry (so it has upper limit on geometry
deviations but doesn't have a lower limit).

What pleases your eye does not necessarily please the Rfree -:)

What are the Rwork/Rfree if you choose such a weight that will bring you
the rmsds you like? What are the values if you do not optimize the weights?

All the best!
Pavel.