[phenixbb] Low rmsd values

thaikara at btk.fi thaikara at btk.fi
Wed Mar 23 05:50:00 PDT 2011

I have actually played with the weights quite a bit. For example, by using the
default weights without optimization, I get the “conventional” rmsd values
(0.015 for bonds and 1.4 for angles) with R/Rfree of 0.123/0.189.

I guess the manual method of weight picking is not as objective as the Rfree
minimization... That is one of the reasons I would like to know if there is any
reason not to use weight optimization during refinement, whatever rmsds it
might result to.

Thanks,
Teemu