[phenixbb] rotamers

Ed Pozharski epozh001 at umaryland.edu
Mon Mar 28 07:25:27 PDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-03-26 at 10:06 +0000, Antony Oliver wrote:
> I keenly await the (hopefully) consensus opinion on what we, as
> crystallographers, should do with residues with poor or absent
> side-chain
> density.

Antony,

thanks for passing along the information.  I won't hold my breath for
the consensus though - this is one of the recurring discussions (myself
being guilty of repeatedly stoking the fire) that never result in clear
conclusion, simply because the choice here has zero effect regarding
conclusions drawn from your data.  It is simply a question of semantics.
To get some idea if there is any indication of consensus, I've set up a
survey at google docs

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dHVNa3VodUtfbVQtZ2pnUFcxQkx6RHc6MQ#gid=0

I'll post the results once it levels off - please don't vote more than
once (but feel free to get your lab/family members to have a say).

Cheers,

Ed.

--
"I'd jump in myself, if I weren't so good at whistling."
                               Julian, King of Lemurs