[phenixbb] Phenix.refine distorts geometry during rigid body refinement

Arthur Glasfeld glasfeld at reed.edu
Wed Sep 14 11:48:43 PDT 2011

This may not be helpful - but I had a similar thing happen at low resolution a few months ago.  It turned out that a couple of residues just "blew out" of the structure for some reason.  Their crappy geometries skewed everything else (though I had bad bond angles to go with the bad distances).  It took me a while to see it, since everything else (99% of the structure) looked fine.

Good luck,
Arthur

Arthur Glasfeld
Department of Chemistry