[phenixbb] Real-space and twin refinement

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Mon Aug 13 07:43:21 PDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 7:35 AM, Haim Rozenberg
<Haim.Rozenberg at weizmann.ac.il> wrote:
> We've just downloaded and install the new dev-1129 release of phenix hoping
> to be able to run RS refinement on our twin structures. According to the
> change log it should be possible with this version.
>
> Unfortunately, while trying to run - through the GUI - phenix dev-1129 with
> our twin setting and the "Real space" option, the usual message popped up:
> "PHENIX error: Real-space refinement is not available for twinned
> structures."  FYI, it runs just fine without the "Real-space" option.

Oops - I forgot to update the GUI code (which does its own separate
check for compatible parameters).  You can circumvent this by using
the "Edit parameters and run" option, but I'll make sure the next
available build has the fix.  (It might be a couple of days, since
we're experimenting with some 3rd-party code in our build system.)

-Nat