[phenixbb] editing geometry restraints for C-beta deviation

Edwin Pozharski epozh001 at umaryland.edu
Fri Aug 17 08:26:09 PDT 2012

Wally,

could this be done by editing the .geo file, which contains all the
restraints?  It's in text format and thus easy to interpret.  A
workaround could certainly be to rename the threonine to a new amino
acid type with correspondingly tightened geometry parameters.

On the other hand, maybe you should trust your very high resolution
data.  At 1.1A, unrestrained refinement is definitely possible and if
the electron density suggests the geometry is distorted, perhaps it is.

Cheers,

Ed.