[phenixbb] Phaser and PTNCS - bug fixed in latest builder for Phenix?

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed Aug 29 08:04:17 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Rafael Lemos Miguez Counago
<r.counago at uq.edu.au> wrote:
> I noticed on the Phaserwiki webpage (news section) that there is a bugfix (dated 14th of August/2012) for Phaser as the "Packing test was incorrectly applied to reoriented molecules where there was PTNCS".
>
> I had a look in the "changes" file, but could not find if this bugfix is part of the latest Phenix installer (dev-1143) or not.  Could anybody clarify this point for me?

Yes, absolutely.  The Phenix nightly builds always contain the very
latest code for Phaser (and everything else, for that matter), and we
don't use separate release and development "branches"; if you download
dev-1143, you're getting the code we wrote yesterday.  (Which of
course implies some risk, but we try not to release anything obviously
broken.)  The changelog for our installers tends to lag behind because
I am the only person who bothers to update it, but now that I know
about the Phaser news, I will incorporate this.

-Nat