[phenixbb] completeness using Intensities vs. structure factor

Phil Jeffrey pjeffrey at princeton.edu
Tue Dec 4 15:04:42 PST 2012

What column labels does phenix.refine tell you it is using ?  It's
likely that phenix.refine is grabbing your anomalous data I(+)/I(-) or
F(+)/F(-) and using that for refinement if you have these types of
columns in your MTZ file.  This may or may not explain your issue.

Completeness of each column label is shown in CCP4's MTZDUMP output for
the MTZ file.  Use:
mtzdump hklin mydata.mtz
and then type "go".

It's a lot easier to give phenix.refine less latitude to do something
unexpected by giving it only the columns you want to use for refinement.
  Use CCP4's CAD program for that (the LABOUT command to output only the
required subset of the data).  Obviously this can also provide you with
the answer to your question relating completeness in refinement and data
column usage.

Phil Jeffrey
Princeton