[phenixbb] Simulated annealing omit maps

Thomas C. Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Thu Jan 12 08:03:02 PST 2012

Dear Chandrasekhar,

The 'number of boxes' is the available way to define how small the portion
of the map (and model) to omit in each piece of the composite omit map.

You could estimate how many boxes to use from your solvent content and the
fraction of the model you want to omit (50% solvent and 5% of model
omitted would mean 2.5% of the a.u to be omitted each box, or 40 boxes.)

I haven't systematically analyzed the best box size, and would be
interested to hear of others' experiences with this.

All the best,
Tom T