[phenixbb] Problems with opening Coot and Firefox from gui under RHEL 6.2

Brick, Peter p.brick at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jan 26 08:13:18 PST 2012

Many thanks for the pointers

Coot problem - mea culpa:

Instead of having the directory containing the coot script in my PATH I has defined coot as an alias. I don't understand why this caused the problem.

When compiling a 64 bit version of the ccp4 suite I found that having the coot binary folder in my path caused confusion (I think with python) and had therefore swapped to using the alias.

Firefox?

Cheers

Peter