[phenixbb] average temperature factor

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Thu Jul 12 09:49:41 PDT 2012

Hi Ursula,

here is a solution, not nice though:

step 1: get a pdb file with chain in question:

phenix.pdbtools model.pdb keep="chain A" output.file_name="chain_A.pdb"

step 2: then this will give you average B

phenix.pdbtools chain_A.pdb model_statistics=true

Other suggestions (by David & Christian) might work too, but I have no
idea how these programs handle TLS contribution to ADP and ANISOU
records. Though since phenix.refine outputs total ADPs I guess this
should be just fine.

Pavel