[phenixbb] covalently linked ligand

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Fri Jun 8 15:54:57 PDT 2012

Hi,

in addition to Nigel's reply, here is what I typically do:

you can define a bond between any pair of atoms (any number of such
bonds), just like this:

refinement.geometry_restraints.edits {
   bond {
     atom_selection_1 = chain A and resseq 1 and name N
     atom_selection_2 = chain A and resseq 2 and name O
     distance_ideal = 1.3
     sigma = 0.02
   }
   bond {
     atom_selection_1 = chain A and resseq 2 and name O
     atom_selection_2 = chain X and resseq 3 and name C
     distance_ideal = 1.4
     sigma = 0.04
   }
}

That is, save the lines above in a  file and give this  file to
phenix.refine either in the command line or in the GUI.

Let us know (through phenixbb) if you have any questions or problems
related to this.

All the best,
Pavel