[phenixbb] question on molecular replacement

Francis E Reyes Francis.Reyes at colorado.edu
Sun Jun 10 20:54:06 PDT 2012

You're absolutely sure that P21221 is your space group? I'd have phaser/phenix check all 8 subgroups of P222.

> I notice online that it might be useful to run self rotation function first to find ncs operators before doing mr. Is this true and how can i do this?

Ah the interpretations of self-rotation maps is really a lost art. I found Mike Sawaya's article, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17172762 (and a few sample datasets) to be especially useful when I had to do this.

Francis E. Reyes PhD
215 UCB
University of Colorado at Boulder