[phenixbb] cif_as_mtz assertion error

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Wed Jun 13 09:54:34 PDT 2012

Hi Eric,

data sets in PDB are not super clean, for example:

- there is a whole lot of entries labeled as intensities but in fact
amplitudes, same true the other way around;
- some neutron structures annotated as X-ray;
- the worst case (I forgot the PDB id) is the neutron structure called
as X-ray with intensities labeled as amplitudes.

So, the --use-model option tries to deconvolute these cases simply by
trying all possibilities and scoring the results by R-factor. It makes
phenix.cif_as_mtz to run a bit longer.

If you really know what you are doing then probably not using
--use-model is totally ok.

Pavel