[phenixbb] Refinement using data with pseudo translational symmetry

Gino Cingolani Gino.Cingolani at jefferson.edu
Sun Mar 18 09:15:49 PDT 2012

Hi Bret,
I think the apparent higher symmetry (P212121 vs P21) is due the (pseudo)-twinning operator
(a 2-fold axis). So refinement with a twin law (h,-k,-l) will work only in the lower
symmetry space group (P21). I hope it helps.

Gino

Gino Cingolani, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Thomas Jefferson University
Dept. of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
233 South 10th Street - Room 826
Philadelphia PA 19107
Office (215) 503 4573
Lab    (215) 503 4595
Fax    (215) 923 2117
E-mail:   gino.cingolani at jefferson.edu
Website:  http://www.cingolanilab.org
"Nati non foste per viver come bruti, ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza"
("You were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge") Dante, The Divine Comedy (Inferno,  XXVI, vv. 119-120)