No subject

Mon Mar 12 09:43:37 PDT 2012

disulfide detection cutoff to 0.1 then added back the disulfides as appropr=
iate using restraints. The problem I now have is that for some of these cys=
teine pairs there are clearly oxidised and reduced positions in the density=
. Modelling altloc's for each of these works, but the occupancies do not re=
fine as I expected; the altloc's involved in the disulfide I expected to ha=
ve the same occupancy as their counterpart in the disulfide.

To try to get these to match, I introduced occupancy constraint that look l=
ike:
constrained_group {
        selection =3D (chain A and resseq 276 and altloc B) or (chain A and=
 resseq 286 and altloc B)
      }

But with that the sum of occupancies for altloc 276 (for example) is not ad=
ding to 1.00. My thought is that I need to change the occupancy constraints=
 but I'm not sure how to make them do what I want.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Regards,
Chris
Dr. Christopher Wanty
christopher.wanty at uwa.edu.au

Research Associate
Biomolecular, Biomedical and Chemical Sciences,
Building M310
University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley 6009
Western Australia
Australia

--_000_CB92021550B9ChristopherWantyuwaeduau_

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Partially reduced disulfides</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:=
11pt'>Hi,<BR>
<BR>
I have a structure that appears to have a combination of reduced and oxidis=
ed disulfides.<BR>
<BR>