[phenixbb] R value difference in model vs data vs refinement

Ralf Grosse-Kunstleve rwgrosse-kunstleve at lbl.gov
Fri Mar 23 10:23:13 PDT 2012

The R-factor difference of 0.0004 is what you have to expect as the result
of writing the coordinates, B-factors, and occupancies to the PDB file. In
memory floating-point numbers have >= 12 digits precision (we use double
precision for almost everything); in the PDB file you have only 7 digits
for the coordinates and just 5 digits for the B-factors and occupancies.
Ralf