[phenixbb] need help for crystallization

Kevin Jin kevinjin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 10:48:49 PDT 2012

My pleasure !
Since this may be help for other people, I  also cc it to CCP4BBS.

According to your email, I guess the buffer is phosphate buffer at pH
7.4.  You can do a quick buffer exchange before crystallization.

Since PO4 is a competitor in this case, I will also avoid PO4 and
Cocodylate buffer from screen kits.

Here is what you can do,
1. concentrate your protein using an amicro centrocon with 3KD cutoff.
2. Measure how much buffer has been spin down, then add equal amount
of Tris with same pH back to the top.
3. Then, spin down again.
4. Repeat several times, 5 times may be good enough.
5. Most of Phosphate buffer should be removed.

That's what I used before.

Let me know if it works.

Best,

Kevin Jin

--
Kevin Jin

Sharing knowledge each other is always very joyful......

Website: http://www.jinkai.org/