[phenixbb] Hi Res Model. Maybe its time to Include Hydrogens?

Roberts, Sue A - (suer) suer at email.arizona.edu
Thu Mar 1 15:13:42 PST 2012

Hi Yuri,

Are you sure that the hydrogen atoms are included when the difference map is calculated (and/or when the map coefficients are calculated), not just in the refinement? Even for small molecule structures with resolutions better than 0.85 A riding hydrogen atoms usually account for the electron density very well, especially for phenyl rings. Iin phoenix, the geometry will be restrai

Sue