[phenixbb] where is the fo-fc omit map?

Terwilliger, Thomas C terwilliger at lanl.gov
Tue Mar 6 10:43:46 PST 2012

Hi Hongjun,

The omit map calculation only generates a 2Fo-Fc omit (or composite omit) map.  I think however that for an omit map the 2Fo-Fc map and the Fo-Fc ought to look really similar, because in the omit region there are no contributions from the model.  That's why the Fo-Fc map is not provided.

The statement in the (old) documentation about using weights in the map is just so that you calculate the map with FP PHIM FOMM; however in recent versions of phenix you have FWT PHWT so you don't need any weights.

I hope that helps!
-Tom T