[phenixbb] how to modify C-D bond length restraints in phenix?

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Tue Nov 6 10:14:20 PST 2012

Hi Maxime,

it's not you doing anything wrong.

phenix.refine uses X-ray distances for target -H bond lengths, which are
shorter than neutron ones. Sorry.

We are working on resolving this problem.

I can think of only one quick fix that would allow you to keep going
(and not wait until we come up with the solution). This is bad and
awful, but here it is:

In your Phenix copy manually change -H bond length definitions for all
amino acid cif files found here "../chem_data/geostd" so they correspond
to neutron distances. If you have non-amino acid residues then you will
need to change their cifs in "../chem_data/mon_lib" as well.

Any better solutions are welcome of course.

Pavel