[phenixbb] Table 1 stastics

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Thu Oct 18 08:19:01 PDT 2012

Sorry, I was not completely paying attention either.  One problem here
is that the scaling statistics are divided into 13 bins of uneven
size, whereas phenix.table_one always uses 10 bins, with equal numbers
of possible reflections in each bin (since this seems to be the most
common convention).  I should (and will) make the number of bins
adjustable, but clearly the statistics for the top bin in the XSCALE
log will not match what Phenix outputs, regardless of how they're
calculated.  This is another reason to move away from reliance on log
files and re-merge the data ourselves.

I'd still like to see the data file, however, as the completeness
calculated by Phenix is significantly lower and can't be accounted for
by the different binning.

thanks,
Nat