[phenixbb] problem installing Phenix 1.8.1 on Fedora16

Marianna Biadene marianna.biadene at i-med.ac.at
Mon Oct 22 06:41:08 PDT 2012

Dear all,
  I am trying to install Phenix 1.8.1-1168 on my Linux 64bit, Fedora 16.
If I try to install it in the default directory (/usr/local) I have no
problem, but when I try to install it in /usr/local/bin using the
command written in the documentation
(http://www.phenix-online.org/documentation/install.htm)
./install --prefix=</usr/local/bin>
I got the following error message:
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
I am not a super expert in Linux and I have tried to search in Internet
for a solution but I am lost.
Any idea of how could I solve this problem?
Thanks a lot,
  Marianna

--
Dr. Marianna Biadene
Division of Biological Chemistry - Group Prof. Scheffzek

Phone: +43 512 9003 70336