[phenixbb] phenix/ccp4 monomer library compatibility

Wulf Blankenfeldt wulf.blankenfeldt at uni-bayreuth.de
Tue Sep 4 04:34:15 PDT 2012

Dear all:

this may have been asked a thousand times, but: are the ccp4 standard
monomer libraries incompatible with phenix.refine, and if yes, is there
an easy way to resolve this?

I am refining a structure with an FMN, which I build with the "get
monomer" option in coot. Unfortunately, phenix.refine doesn't like it
and throws it out. Using a cif generated with elbow, on the other hand,
has chirality errors (which I can fix...) and isn't liked by coot
(0.6.2), which refuses to refine the ligand.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Wulf

--
Prof. Dr. Wulf Blankenfeldt
NW-I, 2.0.U1.09                                    Universitaet Bayreuth